Muscadine Grapes have been around us for centuries, though they rose to popularity since early 19th century. And since then there has been no looking back. It is said that most of the people of the world have had this variety of grape in some or the other form like jelly, jam and wine. But very few of us are aware of the amazing medicinal properties that it has. In this article we will discuss top 10 health benefits of muscadine grape.
1. Anti Cancer Properties The first and foremost known health benefit of muscadine grape is its anti-cancer properties. Extensive researches have shown that eating this variety of grape as it is or its extract is capable of preventing as well as arresting the growth of carcinoma cells. It can surely not replace the full blown cancer drugs, but when taken as supplement, helps is faster recovery.
2. Improves Cardiovascular Health The antioxidants present in muscadine grape are beneficial for the health of the heart. The extract of this fruit relaxes the arteries and dilates the blood carrying vessels to promote better blood flow through them.
3. Anti-Inflammatory Agent Muscadine grapes have anti inflammatory agents that help in reducing any kind of inflammation in body. This improves the overall health of the body and keeps pains and aches away.
4. Rich Source of Antioxidants There are about 90 different types of anti-oxidants found in muscadine grape. They purify the blood, neutralize the body from free radicals, remove toxins and promote the regeneration of healthy cells.
5. Anti-Bacterial Properties Among other medicinal qualities, antibacterial properties of muscadine grapes need special mention. Studies have shown promising results in its efficacy in treating E Coli bacteria. Research is done to use this antibacterial property of the grape in using it as preservative.
6. Ellagic Acid This is one component not much found in any other fruits and only variety of grape to contain. It is highly active antioxidant known for its capacity to resist tumor formation and its malignancy. In a lab test, the skin and flesh of muscadine grape has successfully inhibited the growth of the cell of prostate cancer.
7. Dietary Fiber Muscadine grape is an excellent source of fibers. It is said to have more content of dietary fibers compared to oats which successfully lowers serum triglycerides, cholesterol and blood pressure.
8. High on Nutrition Muscadine grape extract is a rich source of minerals like potassium, calcium, iron etc, carbohydrates, and protein but is low in calories and there is no saturated fat. The nutrients found in it help boost your immunity and at the same time aids in weight loss as well.
9. Diabetes Control The dietary fiber found in this grape is soluble in water. It delays the absorption of glucose regulating the sugar level in blood stream. It also enhances skeletal muscle sensitivity for insulin.
10. For Skin Care The highly active antioxidants in muscadine grapes are beneficial for skin and hair. It stops the early signs of aging in its tract, removes blemishes and improves your complexion leaving a healthy glow on skin. Subscribe to our Channel here
Disclaimer: The information provided is collected from reliable sources and is generally believed to be true and trustworthy but we do not have any evidence that these are backed by Scientific research. This is given in general reader's interest and benefit. However, we are in no way be held responsible, neither do we take any liabilities for any loss, damage, adverse effect etc. nor do we assume any responsibilities for such loss, damage, etc. either wholly or partly.